Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood General Operative
(1-year Temporary Contract)
Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre is a state of the art Community Centre which will be servicing the local community of Ballinfoile, Castlegar and its environs. The Centre is located on the Headford Road, Ballinfoile, Galway. The remit of the Centre will be to provide essential facilities and services to the local community. SCCUL Enterprises CLG will aim to foster relationships with local community groups to establish the facility as a core community development feature in the area. The Centre will be operated by SCCUL Enterprises CLG in unison with Galway City Council, under a Management contract agreement. SCCUL will work to prepare Croí na Tuath, a local community development group, to develop their capacity to take over the Management Contract after SCCUL’s term.
What we are seeking:
We are currently seeking to hire a General Operative to assist in overseeing the day to day running of Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre providing quality service and facilities to the local community, along with an excellent level of customer service.
The main responsibilities will be as follows :
- Maintain a welcoming, safe and well-run Centre for clients, tenants, students, visitors and staff that complies in particular with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Reception duties – Greeting customers, answering the phones, taking bookings, photocopying, sending and responding to emails.
- Housekeeping duties – ensuring that all meeting rooms, changing rooms, halls, kitchen & reception areas are always clean and presentable.
- Room set up – Ensuring that rooms are set up for meetings, tables and chairs arranged in the correct manner – i.e. theatre style/boardroom style.
- Handle cash and credit card payments as laid out in the Company Cash Handling Policy.
- Take part in any necessary level of training and development required.
- Ensure all relevant Health & Safety policies are adhered to and any issues are reported to the Supervisor or Manager as necessary.
- Work as part of a team and make positive contributions to development of teamwork in Ballinfoile – Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre.
- Undertake other duties that may be required to successfully support the team.