Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre Manager
(1-year Temporary Contract)
Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre is a state of the art Community Centre which will be servicing the local community of Ballinfoile, Castlegar and its environs. The Centre is located on the Headford Road, Ballinfoile, Galway. The remit of the Centre will be to provide essential facilities and services to the local community. SCCUL Enterprises CLG will aim to foster relationships with local community groups to establish the facility as a core community development feature in the area. The Centre will be operated by SCCUL Enterprises CLG in unison with Galway City Council, under a Management contract agreement. SCCUL will work to prepare Croí na Tuath, a local community development group, to develop their capacity to take over the Management Contract after SCCUL’s term.
What we are seeking:
We are currently seeking to hire a Centre Manager to oversee the day to day running of Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre providing quality service and facilities to the local community, along with an excellent level of customer service.
The main responsibilities will be as follows :
- Be a leader – Build and lead the team, concentrating on developing the centre into a successful space, which is a great place to work. Coach and mentor all team members to achieve their potential in a caring, inclusive environment.
- Be a people Manager – Liaise with the HR Department; assisting with recruitment, interviews, contracts, appraisals, employee relations, training & staff rotas.
- Be a communicator – Attend monthly meetings with various boards, updating them on the Centre’s progress.
- Be a networker and relationship builder – Offer a positive customer experience, increase footfall and growth in revenue. Ensure adequate Centre occupancy
- Be a collaborator – Maintain a welcoming, safe, and efficiently operated centre. Develop and maintain relationships with both local community groups and commercial customers.
- Be an administrator – Oversee the accounts and payroll function, record all income and expenditure to deliver monthly financial reports. Manage budgets. File all relevant documents pertaining to a robust accounts system.
- Be a facilitator – Create & deliver presentations to interested parties about the centre selling the benefits of the centre and highlighting the facilities available.
- Be a health & safety officer – Ensure that robust Health & Safety policies and procedures are in place. Particularly the safety and wellbeing of children. Ensure all other reports are completed as required, e.g. incidence reports, cleaning rosters etc. Take part in necessary training and development required to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Be market focused – Update the website, blogging activity and e-zine production. Oversee social media activities to promote the centre. Organise events to showcase the different facilities within the centre. Create a CRM database for reference purposes and to enable the ongoing development and success of the centre into the future.